Yesterday, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Summer at notyourseason.com! Thank you so much! What an honor!
Before I go any further, I must share the rules of the Liebster Award. These are:
- Thank the nominator in your award post
- Place the award logo somewhere on your blog
- You must state 11 facts about yourself
- Complete the 11 questions that your nominator provided
- Nominate as many bloggers as you’d like (11 is the maximum)
- Ask your nominees a series of question (11 is the maximum)
11 Facts About Me:
- I have a Bachelor’s degree.
- I was “this close” to signing up for grad school when I graduated college. And now the thought it makes me tired. LOL.
- If I did decide to go back to school, I would like to go to Bible school.
- I love the Hallmark Channel’s Christmas movies.
- I like playing Yahtzee.
- Every evening I write down at least 5 things that I am thankful for and/or good things that happened during the day.
- I work for a hospital in their IT department. My favorite job duty is writing SQL reports. But I also work on the EMR software that the doctors and nurses use.
- I have published two books and I will soon be publishing my third.
- I have two dogs.
- I want to go to Alaska.
- It took me a really long time to think of 11 facts about myself! LOL.
- How did you first get into blogging? I always wanted to write. But many things kept me from pursuing it. After following some other blogs that I enjoyed, I made a WordPress account. Actually, I recently received a “badge” or sorts from WordPress saying it was my 5 year anniversary. But I still had some false starts. When I was about to publish my first book, I became more dedicated to writing on my blog.
- How do you want to improve yourself in the next year? (Blogging or personal??) I am always trying to work on self-improvement. So there are a lot of things I could say here. But I will go with: I would like for my writing to improve. And I find the more I practice, the better I get.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read.
- What was your worst subject in school? Hmmm, maybe science?
- What takes up the most of your time? Work. And commuting one hour each way, doesn’t help.
- How different is as your life one year ago? On the outside, it is not very different. But I would like to think that each day I grow in my walk with the Lord.
- Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been? The mountains.
- What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch? The Simpsons.
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months? I love fall and winter. And I love the holidays. So I am excited that fall is almost here. And that means Thanksgiving and Christmas are on the way!
- What could you give a 40 minute presentation on with no prep at all? Wow, 40 minutes. I am not a big talker, so I think that might be difficult for me on any topic. I could probably tell cute stories about my dogs for that long. LOL. I would like to think I could talk about the Bible for that long too?
- If you had unlimited funds, but you could only eat the same breakfast, same lunch and same dinner for the rest of your life, what three meals would they be? Well my husband and I have been eating eggs for breakfast every day for a long time. I admit that I am getting tired of them. But they have protein and keep you more satisfied than something with sugar in it. For lunch, maybe a salad. And for dinner, you can’t go wrong with spaghetti!
- I could name many more. There are quite a few wonderful bloggers out there. But the ones above I don’t believe I have nominated before. If you want to join in the fun, feel free to either share on your blog, or comment here.
Finally, my questions for my nominees:
- Ok I like books, so I have to know, what is your favorite book?
- What is the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
- Is there anyone who does not live in your household who you talk to almost every day (can be on the phone, via text, via your blog, etc.)?
- Name one thing on your bucket list.
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What is one of your favorite Bible verses?
- Do you like to cook?
- If you could eat dinner with anyone in the world, anyone in history, who would it be?
- What is one of your favorite memories?
- If you could live or visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you have a certain place where you like to do your writing?
Summer, thank you again for nominating me! It has been a joy getting to know you via our blogs over that past couple of months!